Monday, December 19, 2011

Its a new phase...

Well, this week Claire turned 7 months.  Seven whole SHORT months.  I can't even believe how fast this time has gone.  Pregnancy seemed like it was lasting forever while I highly anticipated her arrival, dreaming of what she would look like and act like and how I would do as a mom.  However, May 17 came rapidly as did Claire.  Now, 7 months later, I have a beautiful little girl bouncing in her jumparoo in front of me!

She has basically out-grown a lot of her baby and newborn toys, clothes and etc.  I have been breaking them down and cleaning them to get them ready for storage.  While doing so, I cant help but reminisce about my all of a sudden "big girl."  She was so tiny when we first brought her home! She barely fit into any of her clothes, she seemed to be swallowed up by her swing, and she could easily lay against the length of my forearm.  I specifically remember nursing her in my rocking chair when she was just a couple weeks old and I thought to myself that I hoped I was holding her enough--I wanted to make sure I was soaking up every opportunity to cherish these short ages.  I knew that her newborn phase would quickly fade, and I LOVED that she solely relied on me for everything.  When I took her in for her 2 week check up and they told me she was almost 9 pounds I was actually sad!  I was so proud that she was healthy and gaining weight perfectly (since I was exclusively breastfeeding), but I was so sad that my little girl would never be the 6 pounds 15 oz she came out as!

Its exciting to watch her learn and grown. She is fully capable of sitting up unassisted.  Even if she falls forward, she has mastered pulling herself back up.  Interaction with animated toys and stuffed animals is so entertaining to watch.  She LOVES music, in fact, she is pretty much mesmerized whenever music fills her little ears!  I love now that she really can SHOW that she wants me.  Like if I leave a room she whines until she can see me, or when I walk away she follows me with her head and eyes.  Its very endearing at this point, however I am sure that is something that may become stressful at some point.  She puts herself to sleep every night!  Something I greatly appreciate, especially when i hear of moms that have little ones who still wake up every hour. 

But now, as the swing, playmat and bouncy chair gets put away, out comes her walker and put together toys.  Its sad to watch my infant phase go away, but so amazing to watch her enter into what soon will be toddler-hood.  I anticipate her first words, but miss her little baby coos.  Maybe I am being overdramatic about her growing up, after all she still very much is a baby, but its so hard!!!

Parenting is SO bitter-sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment