Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Doctors Office, MOMS BEST FRIEND

Ugh.  I basically can't function during the winter months.  The grayness and cold make me so tired.  All I really want to do is lay around in sweats and cuddle with Claire and watch TV. HA I suppose that is not real life.

Lets talk shots.  Now, for every mom, this has to be a personal decision.  So many people are against all vaccinations, others are for them, and sadly some dont care enough to have an opinion.  I guess I am one of the moms that sees the benefits in them.  Its hard seeing my daughter get so tired and fussy and just plain not feel good.  However, it would be worse to see her in the hospital at a young age fighting a terrible disease.  So, I put my big girl panties on and have her vaccinated.  I do, though, space out her shots so its not so many at once.

Today, I had an appointment with her doctor to get an area on her little rump checked up and get caught up with her remaining 4 month shots (we are about 3 months behind with shots).   Anyways, the sores on her butt are really weird and they haven't come to a conclusion on what they are.  I cloth diaper, and naturally, they kind of leave lines or skin more pink (more so than disposables it seems).  Well, last Friday she had these 2 little pimple looking spots that turned into open sores.  I tried using an organic herbal ointment to help, but it just dried out her skin soo much.

It worries me because obviously, her butt is not a totally clean area always.  Also, her cousin has had similar sores on his face that was diagnosed as infintago (sp?).  I dont really think his sores and Claires are the same or related, it just is worrysome.  So, I took her to the doctor who gave a perscription for an antibiotic topical ointment.  He said the worry with it right now is the possibility of devoloping staph infection! EEEEEEKKKKK SO glad I took her in! 

I also just made a homemade laundry detergent that is safe for cloth diapers, also made with all natural products.  Potentially this could have caused the sores, but I use it for all her clothes too.  So wouldnt she get sores in other areas as well?  I have no idea.  Until it clears up I have to use disposables with this cream.  I hope it goes away, I feel bad for her little bum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment