Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Not doing so well with this blogging thing.

I started a blog not too long ago and have been terrible about keeping up with it.  I write not necessarily for anyone else, but for me.  I am extremely proud of my accomplishments in life and I would love to tell the world my story.  I am sure most wouldnt be interested, but writing about life experiences and sharing it online somehow makes me feel like I am telling everyone.  Even if I have minimal followers, blogging makes me feel like I am telling the world. 

I will start my updates about Claire!  She is doing fantastic!  Claire will be turning one next week, I can't even believe it.  A little personality is starting to form as she is learning new words and exploring the world of mobility.  Although she isn't walking, that girl moves around quick.  All she needs are some couches or tables or even a simple wall will do to help her get from point A to point B.  Claire has a LOVE for food and will eat most everything.  Anything I make, she eats, which also means I am breastfeeding less and less.  I started "officially" weaning her yesterday, so by the time she turns one I will be done nursing her. 

Finishing the breastfeeding part of her life is extremely hard for me emotionally.  I love that bond so much, and the fact that I am the only one who can do it.  It also means that she is growin up.  No longer a baby, but a TODDLER.. She isnt walking yet, but thats just right around the corner.  Four short years left and she is in school.  Its going by so fast, I can't handle it.   However, the older she gets the more amazing she becomes.  I love her personality, its kinda sassy but unbelievably sweet and cute.  I am looking forward to summer which brings swimming, playing in dirt, melting popsicles all over her face and so much more.  She is the greatest part of my life, only a mother can understand that feeling.

As for my weight loss, its going slow.  Summer is fast approaching and I am NOT where I thought I would be, and thats extremely depressing.  Its hard because my natural inclination is to focus on the negative instead of how far I have come-so I am working on that.  I had been doing weight watchers, which worked to get me down 50 pounds, but I think I need a change.  So, I have been using Loseit.com.  Its a simliar principle to Weight Watchers, but you count calories instead of points.You also dont get any extra weekly points or "free" foods, like fruits and veggies, that dont count towards your points.  Also, I made an appointment with a dietician to talk about my goals and suggestions she may have.  I have never met with a doctor about losing weight and right now I need the extra motivation.  I will NOT give up, I have a goal that I will reach.  Its just going to take longer than anticipated, but thats ok. 

Lets hope I can keep up with this blogging thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment